Have you ever heard of that saying, “Smiles are contagious?”
Well, thats because they are..
Statistics say that we are drawn to smiles, it is our human nature. There is something about smiling that makes it attractive and keeps us engaged in eye contact…Smiling is a universal sign of happiness and acceptance.
Here are fun facts about smiling:
1. Smiling makes us attractive
2. Smiling changes our mood
3. Smiling is contagious
4. Smiling relieves stress
5. Smiling boosts your Immune System
6. Smiling lowers your blood pressure
7. Smiling releases endorphins, natural pain killers, and seratonin (smiling is a natural drug)
8. Smiling lifts the face and makes you look younger..(must be why women smile more than men ;P)
9. Smiling makes you successful; smiling people tend to be more confident in themselves, and the more confident a person is the likely he or she will be promoted
10. Smiling helps you stay positive; Smile right now…seriously….ok, now think of something negative without losing your smile…you see? It’s hard to smile and be mad at the same time.
Smiling is healthy!! It helps us stay away from stress, depression, tension, & worry all at the same time..
If smiling has health benefits to it, do you wonder if people who smile live longer too?…
Actually, a study form London University concluded that happy people are 35% more likely to live longer than people who don’t. According to their study smiling lowers the heart rate and reduces blood pressure and relaxes your body. Researchers from Wayne State University Michigan looked at 230 pictures of major league baseball players from 1952 and discovered that the biggest grinners lived an average of 79.9 years, while their straight faced peers lived only 72.9 years.
So in conclusion we should smile more!
To read more about smiling, click here.
Here are some of my favorite Glamour Portraits of smiles.